Amazon is Santa Claus... Spooky Santa Claus.

If you are considering writing your own review of the book you just self-published, let me give you one word of advice. Don’t.

I seriously mean that. Don’t waste your time. Amazon won’t publish it. They are Santa Clause. They know when you are sleeping, they know when you’re awake. They know when you’ve been bad or good, so be good, for goodness sake.

Smart enough to beat the system? Maybe you are. I wasn’t. I used a different laptop (newly purchased and never been in Amazon) and opened an entirely new Amazon account under my maiden name which I have not used in nearly 25 years. Then I added an unused credit card which is under my different business name (my dance studio name). All quite legal and legitimate. Then I purchased my own books using my new computer, new account and new credit card. Could I leave a review? No. One may not review one’s own books.

Spooky.

But it is all right, everything is all right, the struggle is finished. I have won the victory over myself. I love Big Brother. (1984.)

Comments