Vicious Circles. Can they be broken? You bet they can! Just watch me!

You have a job. You need your job to feed your family. It is your only real income. Because of the hours you work at this job your time is limited when it comes to working on advertising, blogging, Facebook, Twitter, KDP, book club promotions, press releases, contributing to forums, working on your website, getting book reviews, writing articles or attending promotional functions. Because your hours to attend to these tasks are limited, so too is your success when it comes to marketing your self-published book. Because your success is limited, your income is limited, so you keep your job.


There’s a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza.

How do you change this? Well, one plan is to find a traditional publisher. A traditional contract with a traditional grant frees you up to write for the hours you need to write, and to work hard for numerous hours at the advertising and social media tasks you long to use to promote your books.


And that is what I intend to do. Once I have a publisher, my life will be focused on promotion of my work. I will not say, “who knows how that will go” because I can tell you right now, it will go brilliantly. I won’t have it any other way. The very second this opportunity is given to me, the world will be even more flooded with my advertising. 😉 I will jump from the world where a limited budget means limited or free advertising, (though lots of it), to a world where paid editing and advertising takes me to a new level of promotion.

I intend to make sure there are very few English speaking 8 – 12-year-olds who have not read the Ruby Key series and the new series I am currently planning, which incidentally, will be set in my homeland of Australia.


Very, very soon, I will be on the outside of a smashed vicious circle. 

See you there!

Comments